Looks like danger of serious disruption of globalism from Brexit is fading.
1. Current “deal” would be BRINO (Brexit In Name Only) and has no chance of passing.
2. All but a tiny minority of rabid Brexiters agree that crashing out with no deal would be a disasterous accident and was just a negotiting bluff that did not work. This report indicates there will be sufficient votes to block legislation needed now for dealing with that possibility.
3. If such legislation is indeed blocked that leaves only the options of holding a referendum to drop Brexit now or forming a new government that can attempt further negotiations.
4. New Government could be formed in 3 ways. Different Conservative Prime Minister, minority Labour Prime Minister Corbyn or general election after 2 weeks with no government. EU would happily delay current March deadline to allow that to be sorted out.
5. None of those three possible outcomes could plausibly lead to either crashing out with no deal or a deal that seriously weakens EU or globalism. More likely some arrangement like Norway or Switzerlnd, or simply remaining in EU after a referendum.
6. The liars in both UK media and Australia who supported this bullshit are now focused on blaming Theresa May for not achieving the impossible so as not to admit, even to themselves, that they were advocating and promoting an absurdity. This may work. But it undermines rather than strengthens them for future attempts at disruption.
7. May has successfully put the anti-globalists in a weaker position for stirring up hostility and resentment towards other nations when this effort fails.